Ready to Make an Impact? How To Participate in #GivingTuesday.
At Veracity we encourage #VeracityGivesBack throughout the year through volunteer efforts. #GivingTuesday is a different kind of day since many organizations ask for people to dig into their pockets and give a little something. It’s right after the major shopping days and right before the holiday season so you might feel a little tapped out. Looking into your heart and get into the spirit of the season! Here are five charities to support to this #GivingTuesday:
- The Human Rights Campaign (HRC): The HRC is the nation’s largest LGBTQ civil rights organization, and represents more than 1.5 million people nationwide. Through out the years they have fought and won rights for marginalized groups. They will continue the fight for equality, regardless of gender or sexual orientation. Donate here.
- Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) : The SPLC has pledged to stand against the racism, sexism, bigotry, and hate. Donate here to combat these divisive mentalities through the use of legislation, education, and advocacy.
- Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network (RAINN) : RAINN is an important resource for abuse survivors in our country. Click here to join the nation’s most established anti-sexual violence organization.
- Women’s Employment Network (WEN): The Women’s Employment Network helps women earn a brighter future for themselves, families and our community. They are located right here in Kansas City. Consider making them your #GivingTuesday cause. Donate here.
- Standing Rock Sioux Tribe: Veracity is a Native American owned company. Help the The Standing Rock Medic and Healer Council take care of the injured and help the tribe prepare for the winter ahead. Donate here.
UPDATE: Veracity embaces a number of causes throughout the year including: YMCA Challenger Program, MOCSA, the City Union Mission, Kids TLC, Harvesters, the Human Society of Greater Kansas City, Giving the Basics, and the American Heart Association. All are worthy of your #GivingTuesday contributions.
At Veracity, we’re striving to build a better community. Join us as we celebrate 2016 #GivingTuesday with volunteering and our Veracity #GiveBack program. Veracity champions several charitable causes throughout the year. To learn more about the causes championed by Veracity Consulting, check our website or contact me about how your company can start a Give Back 10% Program!
Keep the spirit of giving,